Friday, November 4, 2011

The Grace

"Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in You my soul takes refuge. In the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge"
All sense of self-pride is gone.
I am humbled and realize my need of my Savior.

No, Madelyn, you're not perfect.
Even more specific-
you're wrong.
Even more specific-
you're not as mature as you think you are.

I cringe as these thoughts run through my head. But then I open the Psalms and I see David's pleas for mercy from the Lord and I see the beauty in grace. I'm not always going to do the right thing. I'm going to let people down, and people are going to let me down. But that is how the Lord made me and it is Him that chooses to fix me. He fixes me. He loves me back to eternal perfection. He loves me back to wholeness. Whether this love is expressed in rebuke or blessing, it is love all the same and it is what binds the broken pieces back together. So I hide under the shadow of His wings. I mess up and see for myself what grace like rain really is. He wraps His arms around me and I know that in all of my imperfections, I am treasured.

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog