Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Fear

"where You go we will follow"

That's quite a statement. 

Yes Lord, where You go I will follow, but how do I know where that is when I can't tangibly see You?
What if I think that I'm following You and then it turns out that I'm not?
What if I mess up?
What if I do the wrong thing?
What if I don't do enough?

And that's where the promise is whispered to my heart
If God can clothe the lillies of the field and feed the birds of the air, 
How much more He will take care of me, 
His child

He knows my heart 
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak
Oh, but I want so badly for my flesh to be strong
 And that's just it-
My flesh isn't ever going to be strong and that's the whole point of the gospel

Christ took my burden because I couldn't bear it
Because i CAN'T do it
It's not going to happen 

"for I came not to call the righteous, but the sinner"

It's not all on my shoulders, it never will be
The Lord will lead me
I will stumble plenty a time,
He will pick me back up, 
I will see the arms that pick me up,
I will be reminded that it is His love for me that put those scars on His wrists
Those scars are not there because of what I do for Christ, 
They're because of what He did for me



0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog