Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Soul Book

people
people everywhere
big . little . young . old
happy . sad . hurt

stories
stories everywhere . from everyone
beneath the surface of the skin is the novel of the soul
if i had the eyes to see, to read yours,
then maybe I could love,
maybe i could understand, 
maybe i could shake this apathy that consumes me

if there are souls hurting then why am i not helping
why am i acting as if i know your soul story to be good
why am i not loving,
wastefully loving everyone around

sometimes i think it's not the hurting that need the most help,
it's ME
a cure for apathy,
that would fix more than a doctor ever could

Lord, cure me
give me eyes . give me ears . give me understanding
to be consumed in the novels of the souls that surround me

0 Kommentarer:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog